Milk quality laboratory
- We perform mastitis and other milk quality cultures in-house.
- We use procedures standardized by the University of Minnesota and National Mastitis Council and are certified by the Quality Milk Production Services at Cornell University.
- Why culture? Our goal for individual cultures of quarters with clinical mastitis is to provide rapid results for use in culture-based treatment. We determine the organism causing the infection and report results for use in selecting treatment. Click here to read more...
- See below for a complete list of the lab services we offer.
- Before submitting samples for the first time, please call our office for instructions on sample collection, labeling, and handling.
- Preliminary results are reported at 24 hours after plating and final results are reported at approximately 48 hours. Results can be reported by phone, email, or fax.
- Individual milk samples not delivered to our office within 12 hours of collection should be frozen.
- Samples arriving within 12 hours should be refrigerated.
- In order for samples to be plated on the same day of submission, frozen samples should arrive by 2:00 pm and refrigerated samples by 3:00 pm. Samples received after 3:00 pm are plated next day.
milk quality lab services
other lab services